The Alabama Organ Center has an official volunteer program, the AOC Ambassadors. These volunteers will regularly help educate the public about organ, eye and tissue donation through participation in:
- ● Health fairs and public awareness events
- ● Special events
- ● Office assistance
- ● Presentations/school visits
- ● Workplace Partners referrals
- ● Religious groups
- ● Identifying other AOC Ambassadors
- ● Participating in community events
- ● Speaking at places of worship and civic organizations
- ● DMV visits
- ● Encouraging local organizations and businesses to display donor registry brochures, fact cards and information.
Are you a transplant recipient, donor family member, living donor, transplant candidate or a friend of the transplant community who would like to share your story? If so, the AOC Ambassador program is the perfect opportunity to tell others about the gift of life!
The program is designed as a grassroots initiative, which means we rely on you to identify opportunities to spread the word in your community.